What to Write in a Birthday Card, Messages & Wishes
Birthday card writing is an art that doesn’t come naturally for many of us. It can be hard to come up with what to write in a birthday card. Your instinct might be to skip a card altogether, but you shouldn’t; a card adds a personal touch that gives you the opportunity to say something special to the recipient. Whilst the trend is a quick comment on someone’s Facebook page, how much more meaningful it is if you remember to write and post a card. Getting something through the post these days is quite novel!
Regardless of whether your card is homemade or store bought, the addition of the right words will make all the difference.
But before you get to writing, make sure you keep these things in mind:
Choose the Right Card
Make sure to choose a card that reminds you of the person to whom you’re giving it. If they are an animal lover, find a funny animal card. If it’s for your mum who loves sunflowers, draw a sunflower on a blank card. Don’t just grab the first card you see. The thought you put into each detail will really show in the end.
Make the Recipient the Main Focus
This is their day. Put yourself in their shoes and make sure you would feel special and important when reading the words.
Don’t overthink it!
Don’t feel pressured to fill the whole card with words. Sometimes the most simple sentences can get your point across. A few well thought out phrases will stand out more than filler words.
To help you out, here are some option to bring them a smile or a laugh!
- Forget the past and forget the future, but most importantly please forget the present because I forgot to get you one. Happy birthday!
- Congrats, you’re another year closer to that senior railcard!
- I wanted to give you something awesome for your birthday, so here I am!
- Happy Birthday! No, it wasn’t a Facebook reminder…
- If you could pick up the cake, the food and the drinks, I’ve got the rest of the party covered.
- They say love is all you need, so I’m giving you double the love and no present. Happy birthday!
- I hear white hair is coming back in style anyways, you’re just a trendsetter.
- I wanted to make something for you on your birthday, so I made us reservations.