Wedding Planners to avoid Disaster!
An old bit of wisdom goes that something will inevitably go wrong at your wedding, so you should just enjoy it in all its imperfection because it’s about celebrating with the people closest to you, and not about the centre pieces or your dress ripping.
Here at OMG, we love this Wedding Planner (CLICK HERE) to help remove any last minute planning hiccups. But nothing can be 100% failsafe, even a planner can’t guarantee the weather!
Here are what we consider to the Top 10 Wedding Planner disaster stories of 2018!
- A baker refused to bake a wedding cake for a customer because they failed to pay in advance as stipulated, despite many reminders. When the father of the bride appeared in the bakery threatening to kill the baker (!!) and off duty police officer who happened to be in the shop at the time, arrested him.
- A groom discovered he was allergic to horses as he was being taken to the church by horse and carriage! His face swelled up so much, no wedding photos could be taken!
- A bride asked for money only as wedding presents. During the dancing, she sneaks over to the basket full of the envelopes and opens them up, counting her take. It’s less than she hoped, so she calls the police, gets the DJ to stop the music, and accuses the waiters of stealing her gifts. She then lines up the guests, asks each one publicly how much they gave her. Screams at the police when they arrive to do something, then threatens to sue the restaurant.
- Two little page boys, most probably brothers, decided to kick off a fight just as the bride started to walk down the aisle, great entertainment for the guests, but less so for the bride!
- At one wedding, a planner had to deal with a mother of the bride who made a 22-minute toast, during which she name-dropped every famous person she had ever introduced her daughter to. Urghh!
- As one wedding planner shared on Brides, just after the bride and groom exchanged vows, the mother of the groom “suddenly broke out into song before the bride and groom could escape down the aisle.” And it wasn’t a specific song… “but some random words she was fitting to a hymn involving ‘God bless this couple.'”
- One bride demanded to interview all the wedding officiants because she wanted a ‘really hot guy’ to perform the ceremony. She complained that everyone she saw was, ‘like middle-aged or something,’ and insisted we had to find her someone that looked like Brad Pitt because she wanted everyone in her pictures to be hot.
- During the actual vows, the groom was so terrified, he literally couldn’t look at his bride. Instead, he did his vows while looking at the minister. His bride grabbed his face mid-vows, pointed his face to hers, then said, ‘Do them over…NOW!’ Probably the most cringe-worthy moment.
- A Maid of Honour was asked to foot the bill for the Bride’s wedding band because the Best Man had offered to pay for the Groom’s band.
- The groom was leaning up against a table (with his back to it), and his vest came too close to a candle and caught fire! His whole back was up in flames.