Fancy making your own bread?
The Good Food cookery team from BBC Food show you how to knead, knock back and prove dough to bake the perfect loaf.
Top tips for perfect homemade bread:
- Mix the flour, salt and yeast in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre, add the oil and water, and mix well. If the dough seems a little stiff, add 1-2 tbsp water.
- Tip the dough onto a lightly floured work surface and knead it until the dough becomes satin-smooth.
- Place it in a lightly oiled bowl to prove. Leave to prove for 1 hour until doubled in size or place in the fridge overnight.
- Knock back the dough, then gently mould it into a ball. Place it on a baking tray lined with parchment to prove for a further hour until doubled in size.
- Dust the loaf with flour and cut a cross, about 6cm wide, into the top of the loaf.
- Preheat the oven to 220˚C/fan 200˚C/gas 7 and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Bake until golden brown and the loaf sounds hollow when tapped underneath.
- Cool on a wire rack.
And of course, store it in a beautiful, personalised, bread bin! CLICK HERE to view gift options from Oh My Gift